Fast & Agile
Every project is unique and has its own text-book timeline. However, at times reality gets in the way and we’ve been known to deliver outstanding work on break-neck timing. Our lean resourcing (1-3 people on a project) and extensive experience enable us to achieve remarkable results in remarkably little time.
Global Brand Positioning – 3 weeks from start to finish (Tequila Category)
- An image driven tequila brand facing hyper-competition in its category, needed to find new ways to position itself and differentiate as competing brands had been neutralizing its core equity.
- A diverse set of geographies and perspectives had prevented the brand from achieving an aligned, renewed positioning over the course of 6 months of various efforts.
- LPA was hired with 3 weeks available to design and facilitate a global brand positioning renewal to inform critical upcoming milestones – advertising briefing, package design development, and innovation planning.
What we did:
- Designed / executed fully customized global, multi-functional workshop that was informed by Brand and competitive landscape assessments and cross-functional/cross-region sensing/interviews. LPA played 3 roles: strategic provocateur, objective voice (in controversial conversation), and expert facilitation.
- A globally aligned, CMO-aligned, ownable brand positioning was put into immediate use for agency briefings (leading to creative that tested +24% vs. category averages), breakthrough package/bottle design, and focused strategic/innovation planning.
- Along with the renewed positioning was also a renewed sense of trust between the global team and marketers in the regions, who felt genuinely enrolled in the process.
- From a business perspective, the Brand positioning renewal was instrumental in the brand achieving +11% Sales Growth in the US over the following year.
Fortune 500 Board-ready Brand Strategy Best Practices (<1 week)
- Marketing Leadership had urgent need to share specific Brand Strategy best practices with their Board-of-Directors to address a specific issue / request.
What we did:
- We combined our extensive experience / expertise in the Brand Strategy areas of interest AND our deep knowledge of the company, and collaborated with client to deliver Board-ready materials in < 1 week.
- Positive top management and Board response, leading to immediate pilot of the proposed approach on a billion-dollar Brand.
- Pilot completed with positive outcomes, especially in building clarity and alignment around innovation program.