Industry / Company
Korean manufacturer of electronic components such as memory chips, smart phones, tablet computers, televisions, cameras, and home appliances.
- Company outlined 10-year plan to shrug off image as a budget brand and to become the world’s largest consumer electronics manufacturer.
- Establishing a new Brand Positioning was a wicked challenge given: (1)wide range of Categories in which Brand competed; (2)very different customer requirements and competitors across the different categories; and (3)global Brand with different customer and competitor landscapes in different markets; and (4)little historical brand equity to leverage.
- Working in close collaboration with the Global CMO and a broad Leadership Team, we created a winning positioning for the Brand and then translated it into specific positionings for each of the company’s product categories.
- Played a key role in enrolling a large and diverse leadership group behind key choices and enabling activation.
Brand Repositioning has contributed to becoming the world’s largest manufacturer of consumer electronics and achieving a market cap in the hundreds of billions.
- World’s largest manufacturer of mobile phones and smart phones
- Leading vendor of tablet computers
- World’s largest TV manufacturer
- World’s largest memory chips manufacturer
- World’s largest semiconductor chip maker
“We now have a master brand positioning we can take forward and Chief Marketing Officer has very positively bought into the core idea and insight of our lead option. I wanted to express how much I appreciate what we were able to accomplish together – we have come so far in such a short time. Thank you for your great partnership and expertise.”Senior Vice President, Marketing