Industry / Company
Global Tequila Brand (part of a leading global spirits company)
- Image-driven tequila brand in hyper-competitive market needed stronger positioning / differentiation as competing brands were neutralizing its core equity
- Diverse set of geographies and perspectives got in way of getting to a compelling positioning over the course of 6 months despite meaningful effort and investment
- LPA hired with 3 weeks available to design and facilitate a global brand positioning renewal to inform critical upcoming milestones – advertising briefing, package design, and innovation plan
Designed and executed fully customized global, multi-functional workshop that was informed by Brand and competitive landscape assessments and cross-functional/cross-region sensing/interviews. LPA played 3 roles: strategic provocateur, objective voice (in controversial conversation), and expert facilitation
- A global-team aligned, CMO-aligned, ownable brand positioning was put into immediate use for agency briefings (leading to creative that tested +24% vs. category averages), breakthrough package/bottle design, and focused strategic/innovation planning.
- Along with the renewed positioning was also a renewed sense of trust between the global team and marketers in the regions, who felt genuinely enrolled in the process.
- Brand positioning renewal was instrumental in the brand achieving +11% Sales Growth in the US over the following year.